Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SubhanAllah, Walhamdulillah!

SubhanAllah, I swear hey, Someone up there is SO looking out for me... Alhamdulillah :D

Today, I had a job interview in the north. So I left my house over an hour earlier, just in case I couldn't find the place, or traffic was bad. So I'm just cruisin along...

I remember thinking to myself though as I left the house - should I even go to this interview when the interview for the job I TRULY want is tomorrow; is there a point in going when Insha Allah, I'm getting the other job anyway... But then, I thought I'll just go for the experience - as 'practice' for the real thing...

I'm about 10mins away from my destination (while I still have an HOUR to go before the interview even begins!), when I recall vividly thinking to myself, 'Wouldn't it be funny if, though it hasn't happened yet, and of all times it could happen, my car breaks down on the way..."
A couple of streets later, I
stalled at some traffic lights...and my car wouldn't start again!!! LOL!! I was just LAUGHING in disbelief! So funny, man, I swear!

Anyway, these two guys came over and pushed my car into a parking lot, Alhamdulillah.

Then I called Sabah, who lives in the north, but who usually works in the South - SubhanAllah, she happened not to be working today, so she drove to my location within minutes.

Then, SubhnAllah, of all places my car chose to die on me, it chose a spot that was literally a WALK away from the workshop of Ali (Sabah's husband's cousin) - Ali, who just HAPPENS to be a mechanic! LOL!! SubhanAllah!
He gets my car started, but says that my battery had gone flat, and there may be something wrong with it.

A bit concerned, I decide to take my car to my mechanic and drive there... But SubhanAllah, my mechanic couldn't find anything wrong with it, saying, "Your battery is new actually. It's in excellent condition..." Though he advised me to see how I went when I try start the car tomorrow, it seemed to be working fine; Alhamdulillah. :)

So, conclusion...
1) Though I rescheduled the interview for Thursday, I obviously wasn't meant to go to it today - Allah knows best why. (Maybe I'll be getting that job tomorrow after all, insha Allah!)
2) I learnt I'm meant to check the oil and water in my car at least twice a week (as opposed to only checking it when I remember - i.e. once in a couple of months!! :S whoops...)
3) Allah is definitely looking out for me... ALHAMDULILLAH!
SubhanAllah, another example of this is: a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't able to take money out from my card. When I went to the bank, they said it must be because a cheque I deposited hadn't cleared yet - but, SubhanAllah, my last deposit was CASH... So the teller is quoting to me the last few transactions, which then, SubhanAllah, alerted my attention to 65Euros that was apparently withdrawn just a few days earlier - which I later confirmed was not my own or a family member's doing! SubhanAllah, I never usually check my financial bank statements, so if it weren't for my bank enquiry that day, I would never have even noticed someone had stolen over $100 from my account!

SubhanAllah, Walhamdulillah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment