Thursday, February 23, 2012

Purpose

I really don't like doing things aimlessly, without purpose... Even keeping this blog. Although my initial purpose for starting and keeping this blog going was for the sake of writing itself, I am realising that 'aimless writing' isn't enough of a purpose to motivate me to pick up my phone or switch on my laptop and start blogging.

There needs to be something more...

Perhaps a good place to start is looking at what makes me feel good, what interests and/or inspires me?

From the top of my head:

My Deen Islam
Love
Cars
Chocolate
HipHop
Poetry
Memorable Moments
Soft toys
Helping people
Networking
Thrills and adventure
Colours
Maths
Smiling faces
Travelling
People
Dresses
The beach
Landscapes
Apple (not the fruit :-P)

Okay, let me interrupt myself for a moment. I think I am beginning to realise my problem... I am too much a 'blur', interested and involved in too many things at once that one thing distracts me from another!!!

Conclusion: I need to make a decision on a focus, honing all my energies towards one thing at a time before moving towards the next...

Ah, I must say, this is exactly why I love writing - the moment I see my hazy/convoluted thoughts in the form of clearly visible words, the confusion in my mind begins to dissipate and clarity begins to set in.

So much so that somewhere between my opening lines and my conclusion, I've actually come up with a strategy I'm going to 'testdrive' for at least the next month.
Beginning the Sunday of each week, I will blog about just one of my interests everyday for that whole week. My blog may take the form of photos or poetry or just streams of consciousness. I'll decide the theme each Sunday morning...

Here we go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment