Sunday, January 22, 2012

Humbled

I'm still overcoming the sweet feeling of being deeply touched...

Yesterday afternoon, I received a random email from someone who had purchased my book from iTunes but was having trouble viewing it on her personal computer. I replied with instructions to download an eBook reader such as Adobe Digital Editions.

In response to my email, after first thanking me for solving her issue, it truly was humbling
and deeply touching to hear the lady share with me her great love of poetry that I could relate to, but also how after she had heard about my book and read my blurb about it, she had felt as if "those words were rolling off my own tongue".

While I may have had reservations and apprehensions about sharing my writing, my poetry in particular, in the beginning, in this moment, I am so thankful to Allah for breathing into me a burning desire to move beyond my anxiety and share with others that part of my soul that all that He Wills inspires.

Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment